The Fertility Awareness Method and Managing Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI), an Advanced Study
Highlights on Medicine and Medical Science Vol. 5,
10 June 2021
Background: Women's unmet reproductive health needs:
- There are limited options in hormone-free contraceptives.
- The fertility awareness method is the safest form of birth control, yet it is rarely used.
- Women endure stress incontinence silently.
Objectives: Provide women with one device for contraception, fertility awareness, and stress urinary incontinence.
Materials and Methods: The FemCap is an FDA approved contraceptive device that can fulfill the three basic reproductive health needs for women:
- The FemCap is a safe, effective, time-tested, barrier contraceptive device.
- Collect the fertile cervical mucus with the FemCap directly at the cervix, without mixing any other vaginal fluid.
- Pessaries have significant limitations such as displacement, erosion, or even ulceration and urethral obstruction. The FemCap shows marked similarity to the ring pessary. The rim of the FemCap function is the same as the ring pessary in that it supports the bladder neck. The outward flaring brim of the FemCap restores the anatomy of the urethra and the vagina. The bowl of the FemCap prevents the cervix from descending providing further support.
Results: The FemCap is a well-established barrier contraceptive device. In pilot studies, FemCap has proven to enhance fertility awareness methods and control stress incontinence in pilot clinical trials.
Conclusion: A multi-function device for contraception, fertility awareness, and stress urinary incontinence would save women time and money while improving their quality of life.
- urinary stress incontinence
- fertility awareness method
How to Cite
- Abstract Viewed: 34 times