This book of Geohelminths (Soil-transmitted helminthiasis) is perhaps the most practical, covering the life-cycles, laboratory diagnosis, treatment and preventive methods. Ascaris lumbricoides, Ancylostoma duodenale, Necator americanus and Trichuris trichiura constitute the major soil-transmitted helminth (STH) infections. An additional species, less widely distributed and less restricted to soil-transmission, is Strongyloides stercoralis. Diseases due to these infections are recognized as a serious public health problem wherever suitable environmental conditions co-exist with poor sanitation and hygiene.
This book has been prepared as handout for Medical Students, with special emphasis on soil-transmitted helminthiasis. The book aims to provide users a good practical knowledge on the common intestinal helminthic infections of man particularly those caused by the soil-transmitted group.
It is believed that students will appreciate a book that presents the essential information in a readable, interesting, and varied format.
1. Professional review, editing and plagiarism checking.
2. Professional cover-page design and typesetting.
3. Specialized English editing and proofreading
4. Digital Object Identifier (DOI) allotment.
5. ISBN number (online and print version)
6. Online publication of the book and printing in the press.
7. Royalty: (80:20) profit sharing between author and publisher from the sale of books. Authors will get 80% of the profit and Publisher will get 20% of the profit.
8. Normally Books will be closed access to increase the possibility of sale and authors will retain the copyright of the book chapter/ books. Special requests of open access books can also be considered in case of complete book publication.